Whether you are looking for ways to improve your pedagogy, on the hunt for resources or are searching for live video calls, you have come to the right place!
Professional Development & Resources for Educators
This collection of free, 30-minute tutorials is designed to help you build your confidence with at-home learning technology and share best practices from educator-leaders in the RTW community. Join a live professional development session or access any of the session recordings on demand at Reach the World’s YouTube channel. Have an idea for a professional development session? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for educational content that you can easily incorporate in your online lesson planning? Reach the World is proud to offer free classroom-tested content. Browse through dozens of resources and learning activities in the folders below to keep your students learning and engaged at home.
- Article-Specific Activities – Use these activities to accompany specific types of Reach the World traveler articles. Please see the Article-Specific Activity Cover Sheet for an explanation of which article(s) each activity should be paired with.
- Graphic Organizers – Provide these note-taking tools for students to record key information questions while reading traveler journeys or participating in video calls.
- Parallel Journey Writing Activities – Choose an Open Virtual Exchange Journey that fits with your curriculum and have your students write their own personal narratives.
- Sample Lesson Plans – Refer to these lesson templates for examples of lessons using Reach the World traveler content.
Open Virtual Exchange Journeys
Each of these kid-friendly journeys follows the experiences of a stand-out Reach the World traveler as they dive head-first into an exciting new country and culture. Read about a traveler’s journey and then sign-up to meet them in-person on a video call! All video calls with these travelers will be livestreamed on Reach the World’s YouTube channel. Simply refresh that page at the time of the scheduled call, and you’ll be able to join the fun! Read the traveler’s published journey beforehand and then ask them your questions via the YouTube chat bar.
- Lauren’s Journey to Kosovo (ELA; Recommended for all grades) – Watch Now!
- Amal’s Journey to Japan (STEM; Recommended for grades 3-12) – Watch Now!
- Anna’s Journey to Estonia (Culture: Recommended for all grades) – Watch Now!
- Brianna’s Journey to Panama (STEM; Recommended for all grades) – Watch Now!
- Deepa’s Journey to India (STEM; Recommended for grades 3-12) – Watch Now!
- Gerard’s Journey to France (Culture; Recommended for all grades) – Watch Now!
- Jeffrey’s Journey to El Salvador (Music; Recommended for grades 3-12) – Watch Now!
- Natalie’s Journey to Colombia (Culture; Recommended for all grades) – Watch Now!
- Alyssa’s Journey to Samoa (STEM; Recommended for all grades) – Watch Now!
- Kathryn’s Journey to Malaysia (STEM; Recommended for all grades)
Open In-Country Virtual Exchange Journeys
Want to join a traveler who is currently abroad as they explore a new place? Pick one or more of these open virtual exchanges and join the journey as it’s happening! Starting April 13th, each traveler will publish one new article per week on their journey homepage and participate in live video calls where your curious children can ask him/her questions. This is an extraordinary opportunity to forge a positive, personal connection with a traveler and learn a lot about a new country and culture. The video call schedule will be posted weekly on our Events page.
- Yejin’s Journey to New Zealand (Recommended for 3rd-5th grades)
- Sonia’s Journey to Chile (Recommended for 9th-12th grades)
- Paula’s Journey to Argentina (Recommended for 6th-8th grades) – Watch Now!
- Makariah’s Journey to Singapore (Recommended for K-2nd grades) – Watch Now!
- Tammy’s Journey to Taiwan (Recommended for K-2nd grades)
- Grace’s Journey to Jordan (Recommended for 6th-8th grades) – Watch Now!
- Shelby’s Journey to Brazil (Recommended for 3rd-5th grades) – Watch Now!
- Phoebe’s Journey to Switzerland (Recommended for 9th-12th grades) – Watch Now!
Ready for an Adventure? Go on a Virtual Expedition!
Join any of these on-demand expedition exchanges, representing some of the most fascinating adventures we’ve gone on to-date. Each expedition includes many student-friendly articles covering every aspect of in-the-field research and exploration. Students can get to know these explorers through their first-person stories, and then watch recorded video calls with the explorers themselves!
Virtual Show & Tell with Reach the World!
Make it a part of your at-home learning routine to join us daily at 2:00 p.m. Eastern for Show & Tell! Each day, a member of our global education community will share objects, compelling photos or other Show & Tell-worth items that come with a great global story. You never know where in the world these 30-minute sessions will take you! All Show & Tell events will be livestreamed on Reach the World’s YouTube channel, see upcoming Show & Tell events here!